Wilhelm Scheuchzer
1803 Hausen am Albis / Switzerland – Munich 1866

Swiss painter and draughtsman

After he was trained and had worked in Zurich and Karlsruhe, Scheuchzer moved to Munich in 1830. He was supported by the royal house. 1836 he created wall paintings for crown prince Max at castle Herrenchiemsee. In the famous collection of Princess Elisabeth, the later Queen of Prussia, are many of his watercolour paintings. Scheuchzer was a very talented watercolour painter. His paintings are always skilfully worked out in detail.

 

No matching items were found.